To report an absence, please call: (530) 846-6721.
- Please schedule all medical and dental appointments outside of school hours whenever possible.
- Verify child’s absence for any length of time by a phone call or a note.
- Excuse absence the same day as absence occurred.
- If sending your student with a note: include date, time, parent signature and reason for absence.
- Esperanza High School is a Time on Task school. Students must attend class every day to earn credits.
- Esperanza High School is a Closed Campus (excluding lunch time). Leaving without permission, for any reason, will be deemed a “cut”.
- Students not attending class will have Work Permit pulled (if deemed a “truant”).
- Students deemed to be a “truant” are issued Attendance Letters and referred to the School Attendance Review Board.
- Students are deemed chronically absent if they miss 10% or more days of the days enrolled in school.
- Students must attend a full regular day in order to participate in scheduled extra-curricular activities.
Credit Earned in Classes
Esperanza utilizes a 4 week grading period schedule to determine credits. In-class credit is calculated by totaling the number of days of attendance and participation.
- In-class credit cannot be earned if a student is absent more than 3 days per 4 week grading period.
- All tardies, excused/unexcused absences, non-participation days directly impact credits earned.