Mental Health Talk LinesTop of Page
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255 (TALK) OR 9-8-8
- 24 Hour Crisis Line: 916-368-3111
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ Youth): 866-488-7386
- Crisis Text Line: text HOPE to 916-668-iCAN (4226)
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741
988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. When people call, text, or chat 988 they will be connected to trained counselors who will listen, provide support, and connect them to resources if necessary. This is a free and anonymous crisis line and can be used when people have thoughts of self-harm, are overwhelmed with emotions, or other kinds of emotional distress.
In the case of a mental health emergency, please dial 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.